When / why will I need an OGD / Upper GI endoscopy?
If you have any of the following symptoms, you will need to see a GP / a specialist to discuss the need for an endoscopy
- Difficulty swallowing
- Heartburn (severe / long lasting)
- Feeling full after small meals
- Chest discomfort after meals
- Unexplained anaemia (low blood count)
- Weight loss
- Vomiting blood
- Passing black stool
- For treatment of a previously diagnosed condition
Consult your GP or Mr Jayanthi for further assessment of your symptoms and the need for endoscopy. Mr Jayanthi is an expert in Upper GI endoscopy.